Chuck Norris knits sweaters. And by knits, I mean eats. And by sweaters, I mean children.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

and the sweater has yet to be blocked...

Alright, time to buckle down. That sweater will be blocked tonight! It must be! (I would post a picture of the pieces, but the multiple times I have tried all the photos have come out, how do you say...quite crap. Really. Let's pray I can take a decent picture of this thing when it's finished.)

If it's finished?! Okay, I'm going to stop talking about it in fear of jinxing it. Let it instead become the elephant in the room as I type the rest of this post (glances anxiously over to the sweater in a limp pile in the corner of the room.)

Let's talk about a happier--although still troubled--relationship. Enter the Corset Pullover. This is another project that I started ages ago and subsequently abandoned, but I've been making a bit of progress on it now so I guess you could say we've "knit and made up"? (Oh my god, that was ridiculous. Right--never again.)

This is my first photo linked from Flickr! (crosses fingers) Hopefully this works.

Wow, I love love love love the texture of this stitch pattern. Almost enough to knit a full length jump suit out of. Almost. Okay, maybe not. But certainly enough to show you a gratuitous amount of closeups!

*insert Jaws theme here*

Wow, look at that--what? What's in the back, you ask? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Fine.

It's a completed front, finished about three months ago. That should be good, right? Less pieces to knit now? Closer to the finish line? Nooo...if there's one thing about me, its that I'm never close to the finish line. See, now that I look at it I'm seeing all kinds of nasty little mistakes--tension jumping, hole-y increases, that sort of thing. And it looks bad. If this were a back piece, I wouldn't really mind, I guess...but am I seriously going to have a sweater where the back piece is nicer than the front? Rawrgh. This might go in the frog pond; I'm not sure. I'm going to finish the back and sleeves before I decide.

As for now...MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home